Regular Meetings are held on
the third Saturday of the month
For more information contact us at: 757-496-6006 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Here are a few things that keep our organization alive:
- Conduct Pot Luck meetings at least every quarter.
- Awards Gala: This is our signature event to recognize our volunteers and distribute yearly scholarships to 1st year college students. We also recognize businesses within the community.
- Celebrate our Caribbean American Heritage Month in June every year.
- WIU participates in Cultural day(s) at several schools and businesses
- Have done in the past: seminars on Real Estate, Finance, Taxes, Customer Service, etc.
- Father’s Day Picnic every year in June at Red Wing Park in Virginia Beach.
- Mother’s day dinner next year at Palm Gardens, a Caribbean meal like no other!!
- International Children Festival at Mill Point Park in Hampton Virginia – Educational displays tied to the Virginia SOL
- WIU co-sponsors the Virginia Reggae Awards yearly.
- Virginia Culture Day
- Columbus Weekend / Frank Belmar Family Event at Larchmont
- Kids Summer Pool Party- honor roll students are recognized with certificate and stipend
- Kids Christmas Award Party – honor roll students are recognized with certificate and stipend.
- Adult Christmas Award Party – Thank You to all volunteers and Community leader
- NEW Proposed Caribbean Royalty Pageant – Restart from the Lazarus Foundation
- Support to the Virginia CaribFest – All members are encourage to attend.